Well, well, well, here we are again! Now, if you’re a fan of true crime, documentaries, or anything based on a true story, then you’re definitely going to want your watchlist handy because there is a slew of docu-series hitting your streaming platforms this month! Not only that, but there are several book adaptations and comedies that we have our eye on. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at what’s available to binge this month, shall we?
What’s Streaming on Netflix?
Netflix is a book lover’s dream this month, with not one, not two, but THREE book adaptations coming to streaming in July!
- WHAM! (July 5): With unprecedented access to both George and Andrew’s personal archive, including remarkable and never-before-seen footage, alongside rare, candid, and previously unheard interviews. WHAM! charts their incredible journey from school friends to superstars.
- The Lincoln Lawyer S2P1 (July 6): Based on the fourth book in the Michael Connelly series, The Fifth Witness, Mickey Haller is feeling on top of his game after achieving a major win in court. But with this newfound success comes a lack of anonymity and a load of high-profile cases, which throws Haller into a spotlight he's not prepared for.
- Gold Brick (July 6): In this French offbeat comedy, a factory worker determined to even the scales and profit from his thankless job, schemes to traffic luxury perfumes from under his employer's nose.
- Fatal Seduction (July 7): This South African thriller follows a married professor who is pulled into a passionate affair with a younger man that uncovers a path of tragedy and betrayal from those closest to her.
- The Out-Laws (July 7): If you thought meeting your future in-laws was rough, it was nothing compared to The Out-Laws! Starring Adam Devine, Nina Dobrev, and Pierce Brosnan, this heist comedy follows a run-of-the-mill, boring bank manager who is about to marry the love of his life. However, when his bank is held up by an infamous duo, he believes the criminals are his fiancée’s parents.
- The Quarterback (July 12): This documentary series produced by Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs QB) and Peyton Manning (former Indianapolis Colts QB) takes you inside the huddle and inside players' homes, showing how they navigate the pressures of their professional and personal lives. Featuring exclusive interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, and Mic'd up clips, this series is a can’t-miss for any football fans.
- They Cloned Tyrone (July 21): In this pulpy, sci-fi mystery caper starring Jamie Foxx, John Boyega, and Teyonah Paris, an unlikely trio investigates a series of eerie events, alerting them to a conspiracy in their very own neighborhood. Filled with mystery and laughs, this "Friday meets Get Out" film is one not to be missed!
- Happiness for Beginners (July 27): Starring Ellie Kemper and based on the novel by Katherine Center, newly divorced, Helen joins a quirky group of strangers on a dangerous survival course with the hope of learning how to live - and how to love - again.
- The Witcher S3P2 (July 27): Continuing from the events of Part 1, released in June, Geralt of Rivia (Henry Cavill) continues his mission to protect Ciri of Cintra as she's being pursued by monarchs, mages, and all sorts of beasts. This is Cavill's final performance as Geralt, so it's definitely one not to miss!
What’s Streaming on Apple TV+?
Now, we know that we’re still hoarding our Beanie Baby collection from the 1990s, and if you’re like us, then you aren’t going to want to miss what’s hitting Apple TV+ this month!
- The Afterparty S2 (July 12): Starring Tiffany Haddish, Ken Jeong (Community, The Hangover), Zach Woods (The Office), Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds), and more! This season follows a similar set-up to last year's season one with one major difference: there's been a murder at a wedding, and the groom is dead. Each wedding guest is a suspect, and everyone remembers the evening a little differently.
- Stephen Curry: Underrated (July 21): This documentary chronicles the remarkable coming-of-age story of Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors), one of sports’ most influential, dynamic, and unexpected players in basketball history and his rise from an undersized college player to a four-time NBA champion.
- The Beanie Bubble (July 28): If you've ever had an unrealistic attachment to a stuffed animal, then you aren't going to want to miss this new feature starring Zach Galifianakis and Elizabeth Banks! Ty Warner has a big idea for a high-end stuffed animal, but when no one will take a chance on him, he joins up with three women to create one of the biggest toy crazes in history.
What’s Streaming on Other Platforms?
Documentaries, a series based on a video game, and a new series by Yellowstone’s producer – sign us up!
- The Ashley Madison Project (July 11) - Streaming on Hulu: This limited series chronicles the rise, fall…and improbably resurgence of Ashley Madison, a dating website for married individuals looking to find an extramarital affair. The documentary focuses mainly on a data breach that exposed the intimate secrets of millions of users of the website and what aftermath is still being felt today.
- Full Circle (July 13) - Streaming on Max: In this star-studded crime story, a botched New York City kidnapping uncovers long-held, city-wide secrets. Other than that tidbit, Max has been hush-hush about the plot points of this new series. But with Claire Danes, Jim Gaffigan, Timothy Olyphant, and Dennis Quaid in the lineup - we know we're going to be hooked from episode one!
- The Jewel Thief (July 13) - Streaming on Hulu: A documentary following the unbelievable firsthand account of Gerald Blanchard, one of the most creative, calculating, and accomplished criminal masterminds in modern history.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty S2 (July 14) - Streaming on Prime Video: Taking place a year after the first season and based on the second novel in the series, It's Not Summer Without You, the second season follows Belly, Conrad, and Jeremiah as they adjust to a new normal after the shocking revelations of last season.
- Special Ops: Lioness (July 23) - Streaming on Paramount+: Starring Zoe Saldana and Nicole Kidman and produced by Taylor Sheridan (Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown), this thrilling spy series is said to be based on a real-life CIA program. A young female Marine is recruited by the CIA to befriend the daughter of a billionaire with ties to terrorist groups. Their tagline? Get close to the daughter, get close to the target.
- Mother Undercover (July 27) - Streaming on Hulu: Across four episodes, this documentary series introduces you to four incredible mothers. Each one faces every parent's worst nightmare - a child in danger. Each story is different, and each one transforms the mother into an undercover agent, taking matters into their own hands no matter the cost.
- Twisted Metal (July 27) - Streaming on Peacock: Another series based on a video game? We're here for it! In this post-apocalyptic action comedy, a motor-mouthed outsider (Avenger's Anthony Mackie) faces a multitude of challenges as he attempts to deliver a mysterious package.
- Good Omens S2 (July 28) - Streaming on Prime Video: Several years after season one was released, David Tennant and Michael Sheen are back in this production of Terry Pratchett’s science fiction novel. Aziraphale and Crowley, of Heaven and Hell, respectively, have grown rather fond of the Earth. So, it’s terrible news that it’s about to end. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing. The Four Horsemen are ready to ride. Everything is going according to the Divine Plan…except that someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist.
Whew – our thumbs are exhausted from hitting “Add to Watchlist” so many times! Now that you’ve got your watchlist ready and waiting, it’s time to take a look at your binge-watching space. Could your TV be a little bigger and your audio a little louder? We can help with that! Contact us today, and we’ll hook you up with the perfect viewing space.